Friday 3 January 2014

Trees and their influence on designing jewellery

When I created some of my silver tree jewellery, I was influenced by the 1ft trees I'd planted near my studio over 20 years previously.  As I looked at them blowing in the wind, I saw just how beautiful they were as they'd grown into trees absolutely towering over the studio. 
Hammered Silver Tree Pendant

Being eucalyptus trees, they have a limited life span and unfortunately last year having not born any leaves for 2 years, I decided that it was time for them to go.  I knew there was a risk that they could come tumbling down if we got some heavy weather in the South of England (Dorset).


Looking at the fallen tree and the results of the storms in a family member's garden - looks like I made a wise choice!!

author Lesley H Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment